- ¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil (do not use olive oil for this recipe)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅔ cup unpopped white popcorn kernels, if possible, see shopping tip
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
1. In a large, deep nonstick pan or pot add the oil, sugar, water, popcorn and mix together until all kernels are coated. Shake to spread out over pan. Cover and heat on medium-high heat. Shake the pan often to keep the sugar from burning. Once the popping has started, shake pan continuously until all kernels have slowed to once every 2-3 seconds, remove the pan from the heat and continue to shake until the popping has stopped.
2. Immediately pour into a large bowl so it doesn’t burn the popcorn. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve warm. It’s delicious at room temperature too! Store any leftover kettle corn in a plastic bag or airtight container.
Serves 8 (about 2½ cups each serving)
for 1 serving (about 2½ cups)
2g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 5