- 2 5-6oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet, set over medium high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Using a 1/3 cup measure of tuna mixture, tuna mixture, shape into 8 patties, and place into skillet, working in batches as necessary to avoid over-crowding pan. Using fingers or a spatula, gently flatten tuna patty to about ¼” thick.
- Cook tuna patties until crisp and golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s) | Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition:USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 tuna patties
PER SERVING: 158 calories; 5.5g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 21g protein; 0g fiber
Each serving = 4 Points +