- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (5-6″ diameter) portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- low fat cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
Minutes to Prepare: 10 | Minutes to Cook: 15 | Number of Servings: 4
1. Prepare the grill.
2. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
5. Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Garnish with basil.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 | Serving Size: 1 serving
- Total Fat3.9 g
- Saturated Fat1.7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat1.5 g
- Cholesterol8.2 mg
- Sodium128.0 mg
- Potassium710.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber2.6 g
- Sugars1.8 g
- Protein6.9 g