- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup coffee or café americano (decaf will work too)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- For the peanut butter frosting
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk (any type of milk)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. There will be some lumps.
Fill each of the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick or tip of a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Mix together all of the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Spread frosting on cupcakes with a butter knife, raising the knife every now and then to create texture.
- Yields: 12 servings
- Serving size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 289
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 6g
SmartPoints : 12 (be Carful) This is not Weight watchers friendly!