- 1 (8-ounce) box small whole-wheat pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa (any variety)
- 1 cup shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced green pepper (bell pepper)
- Optional: add garlic powder, black pepper, or cayenne pepper to taste (in any combination)
Minutes to Prepare: 20 | Minutes to Cook: 15 | Number of Servings: 8
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and put into large bowl.
Drain and reserve the liquids from the canned corn and black beans.
Combine all ingredients with the cooked pasta in a large bowl and mix well. Add small amounts of the reserved canned liquids if desired.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Serve cool or at room temperature. Serves 8 as main course, or up to 16 as side dish.
Servings Per Recipe: 8 | Serving Size: 1 serving
- Total Fat3.3 g
- Saturated Fat0.6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0.2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0.3 g
- Cholesterol3.0 mg
- Sodium546.5 mg
- Potassium321.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber7.0 g
- Sugars5.1 g
- Protein14.2 g