- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 9 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1- BOIL broth in large saucepan. Add broccoli, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
2- TRANSFER half of vegetable-broth mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until desired consistency. Return to remaining mixture in saucepan.
3- COMBINE dry milk, water, and flour in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into soup; add salt and pepper. Heat to serving temperature.
4- FOR BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP: PREPARE Cream of Broccoli Soup and add 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese. Stir over low heat until melted.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
1- PREPARE as above. Cool soup completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
2- HEAT in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe | Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 10
- Total Fat: 1g (2% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (2% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (1% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 9g