- 1 1/2 pounds raw chicken breast, bones ans skin removed
- 6 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 3 cups peeled and chopped Fuji apples
- 2 cups carrots cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups celery coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt as an optional seasoning
1 . Add broth and cornstarch in a slow cooker, stir until dissolution. Pour vinegar, add parsley and garlic and mix well.
2 . Add chicken to the slow cooker after being seasoned with salt and pepper. Apart from bacon, add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
3 . Cook covered on high for not more than 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours until chicken is well cooked.
4 . Once transferred to a large bowl, shred chicken with two forks.
5 . Combine in the slow cooker the shredded chicken and the stew.
6 . In a skillet, over medium heat or a microwave-safe plate in the microwave, cook bacon until crispy. Refer to the package for cook time. Before serving, sprinkle the crumbled bacon over each serving.
Servings: 6 | 1/6th of recipe (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 230 calories
- 4g total fat
- 1.5g sat fat
- 570mg sodium
- 17.5g carbs
- 3g fiber
- 10g sugars
- 31g protein
PointsPlus: 6 | SmartPoints: 3