- 1 1/4 pounds raw lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 3/4 cup canned sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounces canned diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- fat-free shredded cheddar cheese, fat-free sour cream as an optional topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
1 – Once sprayed with nonstick spray, put a large skillet on the stove set to medium-high heat. Add turkey and scatter it around for a little break. Cook and crumble for about 6 minutes, until browning and well cooked. Add turkey to the slow cooker after drain any excess liquid.
2 – Mix cornmeal and broth and whisk thoroughly in a bowl. Leave aside during 5 minutes.
3 – With all other ingredients, pour cornmeal mixture to the slow cooker. Mix well.
4 – Cook covered on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
5 – Serve topped with cheese or sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Servings: 7 | Size: 1/7th of recipe, about 1 cup
- 230 calories
- 7.5g total fat
- 2.5g sat fat
- 481mg sodium
- 21g carbs
- 3g fiber
- 3g sugars
- 19g protein
PointsPlus: 6 | SmartPoints: 6