- 4 cups – about 2 heads of broccoli florets, chopped into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 slices 2% American cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, hashed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoon flour, whole wheat or ap gluten-free if possible
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh pepper
Ready in 30 mins
1 . Using a chopper or mini food processor, chop carrot, onion, celery and garlic.
2 . Melt butter in a large soup pot. Add chopped ingredients and sauté for about 5 minutes on low heat until tender.
3 . Stir in the pot flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
4 . Add chicken broth, potatoes, milk and turn heat to high until boiling, then cook covered on low about 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
5 . Add parmesan cheese, broccoli florets, and mix well. If needed, add salt and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered until broccoli is cooked, about 5 minutes. Then, add American cheese and cheddar, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
6 . Blend quickly a part of the soup for about 2 seconds with an immersion blender. Without an immersion blender, transfer approximately 1-2 cups of potatoes and broccoli to a chopper, then bring it back to the soup. It makes the soup a bit thicker.
Servings: 5 | Serving Size: 1-2/3 cups
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 11 g
- Sat Fat: 7
- Carb: 27 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Sodium: 753 mg
- Choles: 36 mg
Points+: 7 pts | Smart Points: 9