Cooking spray (with flour in it) see shopping tip below
- 1 (16.5 oz) box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Fall colored sprinkles for decoration, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip below.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and apples. Beat well.
3. Add eggs and beat well again. Stir in diced apples.
4. Pour the cake batter evenly into the coated Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan. Let cake cool a bit before adding glaze.
6. To make caramel glaze: In a small bowl, add all glaze ingredients. Mix together until completely smooth. Add a teaspoon or 2 of water, if necessary to make it smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
7. Decorate with fall colored sprinkles, If desired
Makes 16 slices (each serving, 1 slice)
for 1 slice including glaze
2g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 11