- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (5 cups of whole Brussels sprouts)
- 6 slices bacon or turkey bacon, chopped (I used Oscar Meyer Center) see shopping tips
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced thin, slivered or chopped
- Small pinch of red pepper flakes
- A little salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Slice each Brussels sprout into very thin slices. Set aside.
2. In a large nonstick pan, add chopped bacon. Cook and stir often until crisp. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add in Brussels sprouts, cranberries, almonds, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a little salt and pepper. Mix well. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Mix in balsamic vinegar and sauté until the sprouts are soft.
Makes 5 cups total. Each serving 1 cup
for 1 cup serving
1g sat fat
SmartPoints value : 3