- 2 lbs. lean stew beef
- 2 cans – about 15 oz. each – cut canned string beans, drained
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup – 4 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, sliced into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Times: 8 hours | Total Time: 8 hours 30 mins
- Use 6-Quarter Ideal Slow Cooker
- Once seasoned with salt and pepper, coat the beef by toss it with the flour.
- Spray the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay the beef in the slow cooker.
- Add the green beans, broth, potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, corn, thyme, and garlic.
- Cook covered on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are softened.
- Add chopped fresh parsley.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
3.8 g fat
37.3 g carbs
5.4 g fiber
22.8 g protein
Points Plus: 7 | SmartPoints: 6