- 1 lb. fat-free ground turkey
- 1 – 12-oz. bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 20 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, cut into dices
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped, both white and green parts
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil and ground turkey. Break it up after about 4-6 minutes of cooking.
- Add green onions, carrots, edamame, the chopped garlic, and onions. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the turkey turns white and the onions are getting translucent.
- Pour into the skillet the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, and sriracha. Mix well so that everything coats evenly.
- Boil the sauce and then, turn heat to low and simmer for 4-6 minutes until thicker.
- Add ¼ cup of filling in each lettuce leaf.
Yield: 5 servings | Serving size: 4 lettuce leaves
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 48
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 452mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 30g