- 20 ounce bag of refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 tbsp light butter, melted.
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 4 ounce 50% reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion diced
- 5 ounce diced deli ham
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl Place the potatoes and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Add ½ tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper & stir together until ingredients are mixed.
- Place the potatoes to the pie plate & press them down across the surface of the dish and up the sides to form a “crust.” Place the dish in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 Min.
- Now Combine the milk and eggs together in a mixing bowl until they are well combined.
- Add the shredded cheese, ham, scallions and the remaining ½ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper and stir together until thoroughly mixed.
- after 35 min and When the crust is done, remove from the oven and pour the egg mixture into the crust, spreading the ingredients across but leaving a raised edge of crust all around the outside.
- Return the pie plate to the oven for an additional 30 minutes (until eggs are set and the hash brown edges are browned).
Yield: 8 servings| 183 calories | 16 g carbs | 1 g sugars | 8 g fat | 4 g saturated fat | 11 g protein | 2 g fiber | PP+: 5 | SP: 6