- 1 pound raw boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 3 ounce 1/3 less fat cream cheese (cut into cubes).
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 10 ounce dry linguine pasta
- Place all the ingredients in your slow cooker (the chicken, zucchini, onion, garlic, chicken broth, tomato sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and basil) and stir to combine.
- Cook on high between 3 and 4 hours or low between 6 and 8 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
- re place the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in the cream cheese cubes and shredded Parmesan.
- Add the linguine and make sure it is covered by the liquid.
- Replace the lid and cook on high for 40 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring every 15-20 minutes or so to break up the pasta.
yield: 6 (1 1/3 cups) | 359 calories | 42 g carbs | 3 g sugars | 8 g fat | 4 g saturated fat | 29 g protein | 3 g fiber | PP+: 9 per (1 1/3 cups) | SP: 8 per (1 1/3 cups)
This Recipe adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet