One of my favourite dish at panda Express, this recipe string bean chicken breast is low in calories,fat and healthy. to make this Recipe you need:
- ½ pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced (2 cups raw chicken)
- 3 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (can use vegetable or olive oil, if desired)
- 1½ tsp sugar
- Dash of red pepper flakes, (if desired).
- 3½ tsp vegetable oil, (divided)
- 1 cup onions, (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups (~13 Ounce ) fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in 3 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp water
- Black pepper, to taste
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Pour over diced chicken and toss ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to let the marinade seep in the chicken breast.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add chicken and saute in oil until light brown and cooked through. When its done, remove chicken from pan using a slotted spoon leaving most of the sauce in the pan. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Stir-fry onions and garlic for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in green beans and stir-fry for another 10 seconds. Pour in 1/3 cup of water, cover and cook 6-8 minutes or until green beans are tender-crisp.
- Return chicken to pan. Add 2 tablespoons water and season with a dash of black pepper for an extra kick. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles if desired.
- Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Refrigerate: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1H
For 1 serving (1¼ cups)
118 calories | 6g fat | 1g sat. fat | 28mg chol | 17g prot | 15g carbs | 5g fiber | 478mg sodium | 2g sugar |14g protein | Smart Points: 3 | PP+: 4