- 2 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 4 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cup (about 6 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup frozen petite mixed vegetables
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. thick teriyaki marinade or sauce
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy and let it rest in paper towels to remove excess oil. Chop bacon and set aside.
- Place cauliflower in a blender and pulse for about 1-2 minutes or until it has reduced to rice-sized pieces. Work in batches if needed.
- Lightly mist extra-large skillet with a non stick spray and heat over medium heat. Pour in egg whites and scramble in the skillet using a spatula to gently pull the eggs across the pan forming it into soft bite-sized curds. When done, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean and re-spray if needed. Heat it again over medium-high heat and add frozen vegetables and 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are thawed and tender.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, onion, garlic and sesame oil to skillet. Stir-fry for about 6 to 8 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp. Add in scrambled egg whites, chopped bacon and teriyaki sauce. Continue stir-frying the fried rice until hot and well combined. Serve hot.
- Makes 2 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
1/2 of recipe (about 2 1/4 cups): 245 calories | 5.5g total fat (1.5g sat fat) | 803mg sodium | 31.5g carbs | 7g fiber | 13.5g sugars | 19g protein | Smart Points: 4