A Simple Recipe (side dish) from skinnytaste, easy Yummy and Healthy. To Make this Broccoli and Orzo Recipe you need the Following:
- 4.5 Ounce uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets only
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Prepare broccoli by trimming off stems and cutting the florets into small pieces.
- Sprinkle florets with salt and steam covered with a little water until bright green and tender-crisp but not mushy. When done, remove from pan and chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Cook orzo pasta according to package instructions. You want an al dente pasta, or “chewy to the tooth” texture, not soft and limp. When done, drain orzo pasta in a colander and reserve about 1/2 cup of its liquid and set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat oil and saute garlic a few minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Add in broccoli and orzo and stir to combine well. Season mixture with salt and add the reserved liquid to avoid drying out the pasta.
- Serve warm with freshly grated cheese if desired.
- Makes 3 servings
Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Points +: 5 pts | Smart Points: 4 | Calories: 174.1 | Fat: 4.3 | Carbs: 30.2 | Fiber: 3.8 | Protein: 6
This Recipe Adapted from Skinnytaste.com