- 1 cup fat free Ricotta cheese
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 ¼ cups pasta sauce, divided
- 2 ounce finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 ounce shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 10 ounce chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1.5 ounce croutons, partially crushed, larger pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions. When done, drain and rinse pasta shells and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Prepare the 7×11 casserole dish by spreading 1/2 cup of pasta sauce across the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Combine ricotta, 1 ounce of parmesan and 1 ounce of mozarella in a large mixing bowl. Add the Italian seasoning and a dash of salt to taste. Mix together until well combined. Add in the chopped chicken and 1/2 cup pasta sauce to cheese mixture and stir for another minute until chicken is coated thoroughly with cheese mixture.
- Fill pasta shells with chicken/cheese mixture. Lay stuffed shells next to each other in the prepared casserole dish facing up. Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle remaining parmesan and mozarella cheese on top. Finish by topping cheese with crushed croutons. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm and garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Makes 6 servings
Yield: 6 Servings: 381 calories | 40 g carbs | 10 g sugars | 10 g fat | 2 g saturated fat | 33 g protein | 4 g fiber | Smart Points: 8 for (3 shells) | PP+: 10 for (3 shells)
This Recipe Adapted from Emilybites.com