- 4 (about 8 ounce each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted or olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly mist baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Melt butter in a separate bowl. Dip or brush each chicken breast in butter allowing excess butter to drip back into bowl. Coat each chicken breast with the bread crumb mixture, shaking off excess. Arrange chicken in the baking dish and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- When done, spray the top of chicken lightly with a cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Turn chicken over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Top each chicken with sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted about 5 more minutes. Serve warm.
- Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving:
Smart Points: 5 | Points +: 6 | Calories: 251 | Total Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 31.5g
This recipe Adapted from Skinnytaste.com