- 2 large zucchini (12 oz. total to make 4 cups zoodles)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare zoodles with the use of a spiral vegetable slicer or mandolin making wonderful, thin, noodle-like ribbons.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place zoodles and cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes until soft but not mushy. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan. When hot, saute garlic and crushed red pepper for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Toss in zoodles and quick stir for another 30 seconds until well combined. Add in parmesan cheese to taste.
- Remove zoodles from pan and place in 2 small plates. Top each serving with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
77 calories | 8g fat | 1g sat. fat | 2mg chol | 4g prot | 16g carbs | 5g fiber | 58mg sod | 6g sugar | 1g sat. fat | 0g sugar | 1g protein | Smart Points: 3 | PP+: 4
This recipe adabted from skinnykitchen.com