- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Olive oil spray
- 6 tbsp part skim shredded cheddar cheese*
- Heat oven to 400F. Lightly mist a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- When hot, saute onion, garlic and cilantro for about 2 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Add in ground turkey, garlic powder, and cumin. Saute turkey for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until lightly browned and no longer pink.
- Pour 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup chicken broth over meat and simmer for 5 minutes. When done, stir in cooked brown rice to the meat mixture and continue to stir until well blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and discard all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup meat mixture into hollowed peppers and top each pepper with 1 tbsp cheese. Arrange stuffed peppers in a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour the remainder chicken broth on the bottom of the dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes until peppers are tender and the mixture warmed through. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 Servings
Serving Size: 1/2
Amount Per Serving:
Smart Points: 5 | Points +: 6 | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 248mg | Carbohydrates: 19g |Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 18g
This Recipe Adabted from Skinnytaste.com