- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup uncooked, converted rice (I used Uncle Ben’s)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) Italian-style tomato sauce
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Scrape the beef and onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. (The cooker will be full, but the cabbage will shrink a lot during cooking.)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serves: 6
Per Serving: (1/6th; about ¾ cup): 191 calories | 3.2 g fat | 1.4 g sat fat | 41 mg cholesterol | 682 mg sodium | 20.5 g carbs | 4.2 g sugars | 2.8 g fiber | 17.5 g protein.