- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package egg noodles, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Add corn, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and salt and pepper and stir well. Spread uncooked noodles evenly over the top, then sprinkle cheese over noodles. Pour the can of tomatoes, with their juice, over the cheese and noodles.
- Tightly cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 1 hour. Uncover pot, set aside for 5 minutes then serve.
Per Serving: 270 calories (90 from fat) | | 10g total fat | 4.5g saturated fat | 60mg cholesterol | 540mg sodium |
28g carbohydrates | 4 g dietary fiber | 6g sugar | 23g protein