- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Spread bread crumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and place into the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F, toasting bread crumbs while the oven preheats. Timing will depend on the oven, but it should take about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the baking sheet when bread crumbs are lightly golden, stirring once (watch carefully so crumbs don’t burn).
- Meanwhile, stir together lemon zest, oil, basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in toasted bread crumbs and mix until evenly blended. Brush the baking sheet lightly with additional oil.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Coat both sides of fillets by pressing into crumb mixture in the bowl and then place them onto the oiled baking sheet. Press remaining crumbs on top of fillets. Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 220 calories (60 from fat) | 6g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 70mg cholesterol ♀4 380mg sodium | 10g carbohydrates | 2 g dietary fiber | 31g protein