Today i want to share with you a great Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu, to make this great recipe you need the following:
- cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly mist a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash chicken breasts thoroughly in running water and dry in paper towels. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Lay chicken on a work surface and neatly place a slice of ham over the top of chicken followed by the cheese. Tuck in the side of the breast and roll up tight with its seam side down. Set aside.
- To make an egg wash, quickly whisk eggs, egg whites and water in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash allowing excess mixture to drip back into the bowl. Coat each chicken with the breadcrumb mixture, shaking off excess.
- Arrange chicken in the baking sheet with its seam side down. Spray the top of chicken with nonstick cooking spray and bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Makes 12 servings
Servings: 6 | Serving Size: 2 pieces | Points +: 8 pts | Smart Points: 6 | Calories: 378 | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 55 g | Carbs: 8 g | Fiber: 0.5 g | Sugar: 1 g | Sodium: 813 mg (without salt)