- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch ancho or Mexican chili powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (Trader Joes)
- For garnish:
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
- reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lime juice, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin. Soak chicken in marinade to allow it to seep in.
- In a separate bowl, toss peppers and onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat for about 15 minutes on an outdoor grill or 16-18 minutes in a large skillet until slightly charred and tender.
- Grill marinated chicken breasts over medium heat for about 8 minutes on each side until no longer pink and cooked through. When done, remove from grill and cut chicken across the grain into strips. Add chicken to the vegetables and combine well.
- Serve at once with warmed tortillas and sides of shredded cheese and toppings.
- Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 fajitas
Smart Points: 6
Calories: 299 | Fat: 10.5 g | Protein: 39 g | Carb: 27 g | Fiber: 15.5 g | Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 423 mg (without the salt) | Cholesterol: 7.5 mg