This Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese recipe contains chicken cutlets, prosciutto, mozzarella, italian seasoned breadcrumbs, romano cheese and more… give it a TRY! Yummy 😉
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 ounce each
- 4 (2.8 ounce) slices thin lean prosciutto, sliced in half
- 4 slices Sargento reduced fat provolone or mozzarella, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh pepper
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Prepare chicken cutlets by washing it thoroughly in water and removing excess water in paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and pepper stirring constantly until well blended.
- Dip cutlets in lemon-oil mixture, allowing excess oil to drip back into bowl. Coat each cutlet in breadcrumb mixture, shaking off excess. Arrange chicken on work surface and place 1/2 slice prosciutto, 1/2 slice of cheese and onion on the large end of the cutlet.
- Carefully roll the cutlet and arrange in a baking dish with its seam side down. Repeat process with the remaining chicken. When done, sprinkle remaining crumbs on top and lightly mist with oil.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve warm.
- Makes 8 servings
Servings: 8 | Serving Size: 1 chicken | Points +: 4 pts | Smart Points: 5 | Calories: 168.6 | Fat: 6.4 g | Protein: 22.1 g | Carb: 4.6 g | Fiber: 0.7 g | Sugar: 0.0 g
This Recipe Adabted from Skinnytaste.com