- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 6 cups (about 24 oz) cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat shredded cheddar
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. When done, remove from skillet and let it rest in paper towels to remove excess oil. Crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add califlower and garlic. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain water and return cauliflower to pot and add buttermilk and butter.
- Using a hand blender, puree cauliflower mixture until smooth. Stir in 1 tbsp of chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour puree evenly to 4 individual casseroles or one 8×8 casserole dish. Top with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and has melted. Top with remaining chives and serve warm.
- Makes 4 servings
Servings: 4 | Size: 3/4 cup | Points+: 3 pts | Smart Points: 2 | Calories: 112 | Fat: 5.5 g | Carb: 10 g | Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 1.5 g | Sugar: 0 g | Sodium: 107 g (without the salt)