- 7 oz (2 links) sweet Italian chicken sausage, removed from skin
- olive oil spray
- 1 3/4 cups part skim mozzarella, shredded (for gf, check labels)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 5 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from a 12 oz jar)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 8 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the cheese into the baking dish.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with nonstick spray. When hot, place sausage in the skillet and begin to break it up with a spatula or fork. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet. When hot, saute shallots and mushrooms for about 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Quick stir in roasted peppers, broccoli and sausage. Cook for another minute until well combined. Remove from heat and spread over the cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, milk and parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over vegetables and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until edges are crisp and firm at the center. Allow to cool for 8 minutes, then slice and serve warm.
Servings: 8 | Size: 1 square | Points +: 6 pts | Smart Points: 6 | Calories: 230 | Fat: 13.5 g | Carb: 7 g | Fiber:1 g | Protein: 19 g | Sugar: 2 g | Sodium: 496 mg | Cholesterol: 216 mg
This Recipe Adabted and inspired from Skinnytaste.