Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
- 3 ounce. avocado (about 1/3 cup or 1 small avocado’s worth)
- 1/3 cup (about 3 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 3 tablespoon. Truvia spoonable calorie-free sweetener
- 2 tablespoon. canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 3 tablespoon. mini (or chopped) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Combine pureed avocado, egg whites, sweetener, pumpkin and vanilla extract in a medium-large bowl. Whisk continuously until creamy and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the avocado-pumpkin mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 12 even balls on the baking sheet. Flatten dough into 2-inch circles using the back of a spoon.
- Bake cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until tester comes out clean. When done, transfer to cooling rack right away.
- Makes 12 servings
Pre serving: 1/12th of recipe (1 cookie): 56 calories | 2.5g total fat (1g sat fat) | 65mg sodium | 10.5g carbs | 2g fiber | 2g sugars | 2g protein | Smart Points: 2