Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes | Cool: 35 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups moist-style devil’s food cake mix (a little less than half a box)
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (not packed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk, light vanilla soymilk, or fat-free dairy milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly mist a 6-cavity standard donut pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin and egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Pour in 1/4 cup of water and mix until smooth and free from lumps. Spoon the batter into the donut cavities filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full.
- Bake donuts for about 12 minutes or until the tester comes out clean when inserted.
- When done, remove donuts from the oven and place in a cooling rack. Let stand for about 10 minutes to cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until silky and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the doughnuts in chocolate glaze and let it rest in the cooling rack to allow glaze to set.
- Makes 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 17.5g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbs: 41g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 3g
- Smart Points: 9