- 1 ounce Parmesan, freshly grated
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ½ cups zucchini rounds, sliced about 1/4” thick
- Peheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the sheets and lightly mist racks with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, mix parmesan, bread crumbs, pepper and garlic powder until well combined. Set aside.
- Lightly whisk egg whites in a small bowl. Dip each piece of zucchini in egg whites then in the bread crumb mixture and flip both sides gently pressing the crumbs into the zucchini.
- Arrange zucchini rounds in a single layer on the prepared wire racks and bake for about 30-35 minutes until lightly brown and crisp. When done, remove with a spatula and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings
yield: 4 servings | 71 calories | 7 g carbs | 2 g sugars | 2 g fat | 1 g saturated fat | 6 g protein | 1 g fiber | Smart Points: 2