To make this Amazing Pizza Eff Bakes (muffin), You need :
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. each salt and black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (about 20 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon. chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 ounce. (about 24 slices) turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly mist a 12-cup muffin molder with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Apply non stick cooking spray in a large skillet and bring to medium-high heat. When hot, saute bell pepper, onion and mushroom. Add in 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper. Sir fry all ingredients for about 4 minutes until vegetables are lightly browned and tender-crisp.
- Whisk egg whites, with 1/4 tsp garlic and the remaining onion powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add in cooked vegetables, 3/4ths of the chopped pepperoni cheese and basil. Mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly in the muffin pan and top with the remaining pepperoni.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until center is firm to touch and edges are beginning to brown.
- Prepare dip/topping by combining tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and the remaining 1/2tsp. garlic powder. Mix well. Heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Serve warm with egg bakes.
- Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 1/6th of recipe (2 egg bakes): 157 calories | 4.5g total fat (2.5g sat fat) | 486mg sodium | 10g carbs | 1.5g fiber | 1.5g sugars | 16.5g protein | Smart Points: 4