Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 cup raw Basmati brown rice (about 4 cups cooked) or regular brown rice.
- 1½ tbsps canola oil or olive oil
- 1¾ cups cooked, large shrimp or medium shrimp (¾ pound)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup scallions, sliced (green onions)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh edamame, thawed or peas
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 egg whites, scrambled
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or canola oil
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Peel off shrimp shells and cut off tails. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with lemon juice and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a nonstick wok or pan over medium-high heat. Saute cooked shrimp and scallions for a minute. Quick stir in cooked rice, celery, edamame or peas, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until peas are tender and heated through.
- Push rice mixture to the one side of the wok and pour the scrambled egg whites on the other side. When eggs are slightly set, stir fry all ingredients again for another minute until eggs are completely cooked. Drizzle sesame oil and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 servings
275 calories | 8g fat | 1g sat. fat | 111mg chol | 21g prot | 30g carbs | 2g fiber | 590mg sod | 1g sugar | Smart points: 6 | PP+ 7