- 6 ounce no-yolk noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, minced fine
- 3 tbsp flour (gluten free use rice flour)
- 1 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 oz sherry (optional)
- 10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained (I used albacore)
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar (I used Cabot)
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly mist a 9×12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat and saute onions for about 5 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Make a roux by adding in flour and a pinch of salt and to the onions. Stir continuously until flour is slightly toasted and well combined with butter. Pour in the chicken broth and whisk for about 30 seconds. Add in milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir in sherry, mushrooms and petite peas. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 7-9 minutes. When the sauce is already thick, add drained tuna, give a good stir for another minute and remove from heat. Quickly add 1 cup sharp cheddar and mix until it melts. Toss noodles into the prepared sauce and coat well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole and top with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Lightly mist with cooking spray on top and bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
Servings: 6 | Size: 1/6th | Points +: 8 pts | Smart Points: 8
Calories: 318 | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 27.3 g | Carb: 34.3 g | Fiber: 3.6 g