- 6 slices
fresh white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- ½ punnet strawberries, diced small
- 4½ tbsp Nutella
- ¼ cup caster sugar (Note 1)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Egg Mixture
- 1 egg (large)
- 2 tbsp milk (full cream or low fat)
- Pinch of salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg, milk and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Spread sugar in a small plate. Set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each piece of bread. Spread 3/4 tbsp of Nutella evenly to each piece and top with few strawberries at one end. Tightly roll each piece of bread into a cigar-like shape, ending seam-side down.
- Heat skillet set over medium high heat and melt the butter.
- Dip each roll into the egg mixture coating it completely and place in pan. Cook for about 4 minutes until all sides are golden brown. When done, remove rolls from pan and place immediately in sugar, shaking off excess. Repeat process with the remaining roll ups.
- Serve warm with strawberry syrup if desired.