- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsps minced toasted pecans
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 small 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- low-fat honey mustard salad dressing or
- Dijon mustard to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a small, shallow bowl, beat the egg white with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, parsley, and salt.
- Spread half of the mixture on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Dip 1 chicken breast into the egg white to coat. Place the smooth side of the breast on the nut mixture. Press to adhere.
- Place the breast, nut side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the second breast and place on the baking sheet, not touching the other breast.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with honey mustard dressing or Dijon mustard for dipping, if desired.
- Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 183 calories, 28 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium