- 1 small (about 14-ounce) cauliflower head, florets separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water (to water it down)
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees F.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, scatter the cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt & pepper then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, over medium heat, sautè the onions and celery in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the roasted cauliflower then toss for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and rosemary and cook for another 15 minutes.
- With the immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy in the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve in mugs then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 123 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Dietary Fiber: 7 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 8 g