- 1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light, melted
- 1½ cups reduced-fat milk (2 %)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free (fat-free), thawed
- Red and blue food color, optional
- ¼ cup sliced, chopped, or slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix together until the crumbs are coated. Set aside 2 tablespoons for the topping.
- 3. Spread the remaining crumbs evenly in the prepared pan. Pat the crumbs down.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place in refrigerator to quickly cool.
- 5. In the meantime, in a large bowl, add milk, dry pudding mix and almond extract. Beat with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes until thickened. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in 1½ cups Cool Whip. Spoon into cooled pan. Spread evenly.
- 6. To the pudding bowl add the remaining Cool Whip. Add one drop of each red and blue food coloring and gentle mix with a rubber spatula. This should create a light lavender colored batter. Spread this lavender batter evenly on top of the pistachio pudding batter.
- 7. Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of crumbs and sliced almonds.
- 8. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set. This can be made several days in advance. Store in refrigerator. It also freezes great.
- Serves 12
for 1 slice