The perfect healthy snack recipe that delicious and low calorie! These Sweet and Salty Roasted Chickpeas are a real treat.
- 1 16oz can of garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed well
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl, mist lightly with a bit of olive oil from a mister, and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy hot, or bring to room temperature and store in an air-tight container. Like popped corn, the chickpeas are never as good the next day. However, they are still quite enjoyable 3-4 days after making them.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1/3 cup
PER SERVING: 136 calories; 2.5g fat; 23g carbohydrates; 8g protein; 6g fiber