Cobb Salad in a Jar with Buttermilk Ranch, I made this recipe yesterday and it was delicious… Thank’s to ginna skinnytaste i’ve made this recipe (Adapted from skinnytaste).
To make this delecious Cobb Salad in a Jar with Buttermilk Ranch you need the Following:
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped scallion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh black pepper
- 2 strips center-cut bacon
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ounces (1/2 small) avocado, diced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 4 ounces cooked or grilled chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 ounce (1 generous tablespoon) crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend well and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Drain in paper towels to remove excess oil. Chop into small bits and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes, avocado, eggs and chicken and place in separate bowls.
- Fill in mason jars with dressing and salad. Start by spooning dressing at the bottom of the jar. Layer chicken over dressing followed by tomato, eggs, cheese and bacon. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up. Top each jar with romaine and avocado. Pack jars as much as possible but do not press down ingredients.
- Cover with lid and chill for a few minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days.
Yield: 2 Servings, Serving Size: 1 jar
Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points (SP): 9
- PP+: 9
- Calories: 368
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 274mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 32g
Image Source: wikihow