Oupss This dish don’t contain Caviar, it’s inspired by something called Cowboy Caviar, and it’s fantastic…
you can call it anything cowgirl or cowboy, the Smart Points For this Recipe is Only 3 Points!
To make this Recipe you need the following:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 packets no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Dash chili powder
- 3 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- One 15-oz. can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- One 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- To make the dressing, combine vinegar, sweetener, oil, salt, black pepper and chili powder in a large bowl. For a stronger kick, add more vinegar and chili powder according to your liking. Whisk mixture until sweetener has dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Add the coleslaw mix, peas, black beans, corn kernels, red bell pepper and sweet onion to mixture. Toss to coat. Cover bowl and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Makes 8 servings
1 cup: 118 calories | 1.5g total fat (0g sat fat) | 326mg sodium | 20.5g carbs | 5g fiber |2.5g sugars | 6g protein | Smart Points: 3