The internet is full of Delecious Recipes, Today i want to share with you a recipe that i’ve made many times in the past… i found it on skinnykitchen a while ago. tasty and 253 calories + 6 Smart points only. To make this wonderful skinnykitchen recipe you need the following:
Skinny Sausages, Peppers and Onions Recipe
- 6 cups yellow onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 large bell peppers (4 cups) sliced (about ¼ inch thick)
- 1 (12-oz) package, fully cooked reduced-fat chicken or turkey sausages (4 sausages), I used Trader Joe’s garlic herb chicken sausages, see shopping tips
- Cooking spray
- 3 tsps olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbps Balsamic vinegar
- Place onions and bell peppers in the microwave and cook on high for 8-10 minutes until tender and slightly moist.
- Slice sausages into 1/4 inch thick. Set a large nonstick pan over medium heat and cook sausages until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lightly mist the same pan with cooking spray and heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Saute onions, bell peppers, oregano and basil until tender and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue stirring until vegetables are tender-crisp. Quick stir in garlic and sausages to pan. Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and continue stir frying for another 2 minutes and scrape bottom of pan to release browned bits.
- Place mixture in a serving platter. Serve with mustard and toasted bread roll if desired.
- Make 6-8 servings
1 serving (1¼ cups) | 253 calories, 13g fat, 2g sat. fat, 65mg chol, 21g prot, 31g carbs, 6g fiber, 593mg sodium, 6g | 0g sugar, 20g protein | Smart Points: 6 | PP+: 8