- 1 (16 oz) bag Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to add spice, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to taste
1. Poke a few holes in the bag of Brussels sprouts and steam in microwave for about 2-2½ minutes, until soft. To cook on cooktop: Add Brussels sprouts to a pot and add a little water. Cover pot and steam until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and cut each in half.
2. Coat a large nonstick pan with olive oil cooking spray. Heat olive oil in pan. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper and a dash of cayenne, if desired. Saute over medium-high heat. Continue to stir often. Use a spatula to turn over several times. Add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until blackened.
Makes 4 serving (each serving about ¾ cup)
for 1 serving (~¾ cup)
0.5g sat fat