Crunchy and fabulous! Substitute almond extract for the vanilla to make almond crisps. Or add 2 tablespoons cocoa to the sugar for chocolate crisps.*
- 3 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 large egg white(s), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat in a medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add in egg whites until well incorporated. Gradually sift flour over butter mixture and beat at low speed until well combined. Add drops of vanilla and stir for another minute.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the batter into the prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart from each other forming little mounds. Flatten each mound with the back of the spoon or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes until edges start to turn brown and center is set. Remove from oven and let sit in wire racks to completely cool.
- Makes 20 servings