- 1/4 cup uncooked pre-washed quinoa, or rinse well under water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp hemp seeds, pepitas or nuts
- 1/4 cup warmed almond milk
- In a small heavy bottomed pot, combine almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Bring to a boil over high heat. When done, reduce heat to low and add quinoa. Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes until liquid is absorbed and quinoa doubles its volume.
- When done, remove pot from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Divide cooked quinoa into 2 individual bowls.Serve topped with sliced banana, berries and hemp seeds. Drizzle with honey and warm milk if desired.
- Makes 2 servings
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 bowl • Points+: 6 pts • Smart Points: 5
Calories: 240 • Fat: 4.5 g • Sat Fat: 0.2 g • Carb: 47 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 6 g • Sodium: 95 mg • Sugar: 23 mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Adapted from skinnytaste.com