- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 o) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed (can also use fresh spinach)
- 16 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
How to make it :
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Put in crock-pot and add sauce, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low. Add the last 4 ingredients during the last 30 minutes of cooking and turn crock-pot to high.
- Add fresh spinach, pasta, parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella and mix well. Add the last 1/2 cup of mozzarella to melt on the top.