Note: You Can Pin This Recipe
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground Hot Italian sausage
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes, diced potatoes and onions
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat large saute pan over medium high heat and brown sausage.
- Add minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Drain off the grease and then add sausage and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add bag of diced potatoes and onion, cover with chicken stock and water (if necessary) to completely cover potatoes and sausage.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 (potatoes should be soft)
- BEFORE SERVING:
- Whisk together heavy cream and flour until well mixed. Pour into slow cooker, add kale and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes until soup has thickened slightly.
- Taste, season according to your tastes, and serve.