Open your mouth and look at your tongue. That may sound strange, but your tongue can tell a lot about your health. According to Chinese medicine, the color, texture and moisture of your tongue can be key in determining the overall state of your health. Here are some key changes to look out for.
- Pink is a normal and healthy colour.
- A Pale tongue indicates Qi and blood deficiency or that you are deficient in Yang energy. You might appear pallid, tire easily, feel breathless or experience cold limbs.
- A Purple tongue may indicate Qi stagnation and blood stasis. You might experience sharp and persistent pains or lumps in the body.
- A Red tongue indicates excess heat in the body or Yin deficiency. You might feel feverish, restless and prefer cold drinks. Other symptoms may include a dry throat and rapid pulse.
- A Dark Red tongue indicates intensive internal heat or fire syndrome due to Yin deficiency. Symptoms may include fevers, constipation, dry mouth, a strong and rapid pulse, as well as night sweating.
More Tongue Characteristics
- Deep cracks on the tongue indicate dryness that may be caused by excess pathogenic heat or Yin deficiency. On the other hand, you may be one of those born with light cracks. Such cracks are unrelated to health.
- Teeth marks suggest that there is a Spleen-deficiency or accumulation of water-dampness in the body. These imbalances in the body lead to an enlarged tongue, which lets the teeth make imprints on the tongue more easily. The extent of the teeth marks—slight to severe—indicates the seriousness of the condition.
Click NEXT To Continue…